For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Holmes Products Europe Ltd, 1 Francis Grove, London, SW19 4DT, United Kingdom.2. Personally Identifiable Information
We will not collect any personally identifiable information about you (for instance, your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address) unless you provide it voluntarily. If you do not want your personally identifiable information collected, do not submit it to us.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
If you do submit personally identifiable information, we will use it in the following ways, unless stated otherwise:
we may store and process that information to better understand your needs, and how we can improve our products and services;
where you have consented to us doing so, we may use that information to contact you.
Your information will only be shared with our agents, consultants, service providers, subsidiaries, branches or parent company. We do not otherwise disclose information about your individual visits to the Site or personal information which identifies you to other third parties, for its use in marketing or solicitation or otherwise, unless we have your prior consent.4. Where We Store Your Personal Data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completelysecure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guaranteethe security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your ownrisk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures andsecurity features to try to prevent unauthorised access.5. Information Collected Automatically
In some cases, we may collect information about you that is not personally identifiable. Examples of this type of information include the internet browser you are using, the type of operating system, and the domain name of the web site which linked you to our site. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may also obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to the Site.
With most internet browsers you can block, receive a warning or erase all "cookies" from your hard drive. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.6. Access to Personal Information
The Act gives you rights of access to, and correction of, information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Where you have consented to us using your data for marketing purposes, you have the right to ask us at any time to stop such use by contacting us at enquiriesEurope@jardencs.com.7. Your Consent
By using the Site and submitting information, you consent to:-
i) the collection and use of your personal information by us as described above;
and (ii) the transfer of your personal information to countries outside the EEA.