Crock-Pot® Slow Cooked Indian Lamb Korma Curry
5-6 hours low
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon hot chilli powder
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 green cardamoms, crushed
2 cloves garlic, ﬁnely chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, ﬁnely chopped
700g boneless lamb shoulder, roughly diced, most fat removed
125ml boiling water
1 cube chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 to 2 teaspoons cornﬂour, optional
6 tablespoons double cream
2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
1. Preheat the heating base to Low. Place the stoneware on the hob, add the oil and warm gently.
2. Add the dried spices and cook gently for 2-3 minutes, to release their ﬂavour but do not allow to burn.
3. Add the garlic, onions, and ginger and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, coating well in the spices and oil.
4. Next add the lamb, water and stock cube, season well with salt and pepper, then place into the heating base. Cover with the lid and cook for 5-6 hours on Low, or 3-4 hours on High or until the meat is tender.
5. Once cooked, stir well - if the sauce is a little thin, mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp water, stir into the korma and cook for a few minutes on High to thicken.
6. Add the cream, tomatoes and coriander. Check the seasoning and serve. I like to serve Poppadums, Basmati rice and Raita.