Crock-Pot® Slow Cooked 5 Spice Caramelised Belly Pork
4-5 hours High
1kg Pork Belly, cut into approx 3cm pieces
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
10 shallots, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
80ml soy sauce
125g palm sugar
3 star anise
2 teaspoons chinese 5 spice paste
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1. Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil to a suitable frying pan and heat until hot. Add the belly pork in batches and sauté until browned, remove each batch with a slotted spoon and place into the Crock-Pot bowl.
2. Add the shallots and garlic. Into a small bowl, place the soy sauce, palm sugar, star anise, 5 spice paste and fish sauce, mix well until combined.
3. Pour over the pork belly, cover with the lid and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours until tender.
4. To achieve a sticky texture, remove the pork from the sauce and place onto an oven tray. Cook in a hot oven for 5-10 minutes until crisp.
5. Serve alongside a jug of the sauce and topped with some shredded spring onions.
To Serve - Freshly chopped coriander, steamed jasmine rice and shredded spring onions.