Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Beef Lasagne
3-4 hours HIGH
1 tablespoon vegetable oil for greasing
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
500g minced beef
15g dried mixed herbs
80g tomato puree
400g chopped tomatoes
1 Knorr® beef stock pot
15g gravy granules (to thicken the sauce during cooking)
1 packet dried lasagne sheets
Cheese Sauce Ingredients
75g butter or margarine
75g plain flour
800ml-1 ltr semi skimmed milk
1 heaped teaspoon dried english mustard powder
250g cheddar cheese, grated
1. Place the garlic, onion, minced beef,dried mixed herbs, tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, Korr® stock pot and gravy granules into a large mixing bowl. Season and stir thoroughly to combine. Set aside.
2. To make the cheese sauce, start by melting the butter or margarine in a suitable saucepan. Add the flour and beat well to form a roux. Cook over a gentle heat for a few minutes stirring continuously.
3. Gradually add the milk to the roux stirring continuously until you get a smooth sauce. Sprinkle on the mustard powder, add a touch of salt pepper and allow to cook over a low heat for a further 10 minutes stirring regularly o prevent the sauce from sticking.
4. Remove from the heat, add half of the cheese and stir until melted.
5. Grease the Crock-Pot ® Slow Cooker pot with a little vegetable oil.
6. Start building the lasagne by placing a layer of meat sauce on the base of the stoneware bowl. Add a couple of large spoonfuls of the cheese sauce.
7. Cover the sauce & meat mixture with an even, single layer of lasagne sheets. Break larger sheets as necessary to cover the sauce. Repeat this until you have four layers of pasta and sauce. Finish with a layer of the cheese sauce.
8. Place the Crock-Pot ® Slow Cooker pot into the heating base. Cover with the lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
If you have a grill facility on your main oven, follow the steps below:
1. Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese over the lasagne. Brown under a hot grill for no more than 5 minutes.
2. Carefully remove the Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker pot from the grill, cover with foil and allow it to stand for 30 minutes.