Crock-Pot® Slow Cooked Indian Beef Korma
4-5 hours HIGH / 7-8 hours LOW
2 tablespoons curry powder
1.2-1.3kg stewing beef, cut diagonally into chunks or slices
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large onion, diced
1 large red pepper, cut into chunks (optional)
1 thumb sized piece of ginger, grated or finely chopped
2 cloves galic, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon plain flour
3 tablespoons tomato puree
1 x 400g tin of coconut milk
salt & pepper
To finish, fresh coriander or flat leaf parsley
1. Mix the beef and curry powder together in a suitable bowl, set aside whilst you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
2. Heat a suitable sized frying pan or Crock-Pot® Saute pot (if you own a Crock-Pot Saute slow cooker) over a medium heat, adding in 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Saute the beef in batches until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and place into the base of your Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker pot or 2 bowls if using your Crock-Pot® Saute Slow Cooker pot.
3. Heat the further 1 tbsp vegetable oil and saute the onion and pepper over a low heat until softened and golden, add in the ginger, garlic and chill and stir well cooking for a further minute. Sprinkle over the coriander and turmeric cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the flour and mix together well. Stir in the puree and coconut milk.
4. Combine together the mixture and the beef in your Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker pot.
5. Cover with a lid and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
6. Adjust the seasoning and garnish with some coarsely chopped coriander or parsley.
7. Delicious accompanied with some steamed rice, poppadoms and mango chutney.