Crock-Pot® Slow Cooked Autumn Apples
2-3 hours LOW
40g roughly chopped walnuts
3 tablespoons trail mix (seeds and nuts of your choice)
2 1/2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 dried cinnamon sticks
4 medium sized apples
300g soft brown sugar
180ml traditional apple cider
1 tub cornish ice cream
1. Combine the walnuts, trail mix and 2 ½ tbsp of soft brown sugar in a small bowl and add ½ tsp of cinnamon.
2. Slice the base of the apples to create a level surface and then peel the top third of each apple and core.
3. Place the apples in the Crock Pot ® Slow Cooker pot and spoon the walnut mixture into the cavity of each apple.Place a stick of cinnamon on top of each apple.
4. Combine the remaining cinnamon, 130g soft brown sugar and apple cider in a small bowl. Pour over the apples and cover.
5. Cook on low for 2-3 hours.
6. Remove the apples with a slotted spoon. Spoon ¼ cup of the cooking liquid over each serving.
7. serve with a scoop or 2 of Cornish ice cream to balance the flavours.