Crock-Pot® Slow Cooked Beef Massaman Thai Curry
7-8 hours LOW
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
500-600g stewing beef, diced
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon massaman paste
1 large garlic clove, chopped
4 cardamon pods, bruised
2 kaffir lime leaves, centre vein removed, chopped
250ml coconut milk
100ml beef stock
350g potatoes, peeled & cut into 3cm pieces
1 medium carrot, diced
2 tablespoons thai fish sauce
1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Heat the oil in a suitable frying pan or in a Crock-Pot® Sauté Slow Cooker pot and brown the beef in batches until golden.
2. Put all the brown beef in the Crock-Pot ® Slow Cooker pot.
3. Place the massaman paste, garlic and a little of the coconut milk into a small bowl, mix to combine, add in the rest of the coconut milk along with the Thai fish sauce and stir.
4. Place the rest of the ingredients, apart from the lime juice into the Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker, pour over the coconut milk mixture and stir well.
5. Cook for approx 7-8 hours on low until the beef is tender. Stir in the lime juice.
6. Serve with some jasmine rice, sprinkle with chopped peanuts and coriander.