Crock-Pot® Slow Cooked Easy BBQ Ribs
4-5 hours HIGH / 6-7 hours LOW
1kg pork ribs (approx), cut into 2 ribs portions
300g bottle of your favourite BBQ sauce
Tangy Homemade Coleslaw
1/2 head white cabbage, finely shredded
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, grated
1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
zest & juice of 1 lemon
salt & pepper
1. Place the ribs into the removable Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker pot, pour over the BBQ sauce and cover with the lid.
2. Cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or LOW for 6-7 hours.
3. If you would like your ribs crispy, remove the ribs from the pot and place onto a suitable baking tray. Bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes until crisp then use the remaining sauce for serving.
4. If you don't like crispy ribs, remove the ribs and smother in the BBQ sauce straight from the Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker.
5. Serve ribs with some baked potatoes and homemade coleslaw.
Would the thought of coming home to a succulent meal make your hard day at work fly over much quicker? Then these Crock-Pot Slow Cooked Easy BBQ Ribs could be just what you’re looking for!
Slow cooking is the perfect way to prepare ribs, creating soft, succulent meat that just falls off the bone and is bursting with flavour. The ribs are complemented perfectly by the thick, gooey BBQ sauce that they’ll be marinating in whilst they cook.
Simply put the ribs in your Crock-Pot Slow Cooker, pour a bottle of your favourite BBQ sauce over them, and leave to cook for 4-5 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low. It’s as easy as that…so head off to work or drop the kids off at school knowing that your Crock-Pot will be cooking up a storm whilst you’re away!
Whether you cook them up for a week night treat for the family, or when you invite friends over at the weekend, you can rest assured that these slow cooked easy BBQ ribs will be a real hit.. They’re called easy ribs for a reason!
Try serving these easy ribs with soft and fluffy baked potatoes and homemade coleslaw (don’t worry, we’ve got the recipe for that too!).
To make your Coleslaw
1. Combine the cabbage, carrot and onion into a mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, lemon zest & juice along with the wholegrain mustard, salt & pepper. Spoon this over the cabbage mix and stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate before serving.