Crock-Pot® AutoStir Home Made Slow Cooked Granola
3 hours LOW
500g whole rolled oats
150g flaked almonds
50g dark brown soft sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
120g coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250g assorted dried fruit
1. Lightly spray the Crock-Pot ® Slow Cooker pot with oil, or alternatively kitchen paper dampened with little vegetable oil work well.
2. Place the oats, almonds, sugar, cinnamon and salt into the pot and mix well.
3. Warm the coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract in a microwave or small pan until liquefied, pour onto the oat mixture and stir to combine.
4. Fit the regular stirring paddle to the AutoStir lid, activate, then set the slow cooker timer to low for 3 hours.
5. During the first couple hours of cooking, it's advisable to manually press the AutoStir button, this will give your granola a good mix throughout without having to remove the lid, losing valuable cooking heat.
6. Once the cooking time is complete, remove the lid and paddle and transfer the granola to a large baking sheet. This will allow the granola to cool and crisp.
7. Once completely cool, transfer to a suitable airtight container or Foodsaver® Vaccum Sealer air tight bag.
8. Delicious served with natural yoghurt and fresh fruit.
A delicious, healthy breakfast, Granola is the perfect way to start the day. And it’s safe to say that it’s thoroughly on trend right now, with chefs, foodies, and bloggers all singing its praises and cooking up their own granola-based offerings.
This Crock-Pot AutoStir Home Made Slow Cooked Granola will allow you to make your very own Granola at home, with minimal hassle. Bursting with oats, almonds, cinnamon, honey, and dried fruit, this quick and easy granola recipe is sure to become a firm favourite with the whole family.
And the good news is that your Crock-Pot AutoStir Slow Cooker will handle all the hard work for you – leaving you free to work, rest, and play. The recipe makes 10-12 servings, so each batch should last a week or more – simply allow the granola to cool before transferring it to a suitable, airtight container to store.
We’d recommend serving with natural yoghurt and fresh fruit for a nutritious breakfast, a healthy snack, or a delicious dessert. You can also adapt the recipe to suit your personal taste, trying different dried fruits to discover your perfect combination.